For information about services available to older adults, contact Pam Jacobsen, director of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program and Helen Mary Stevick Senior Citizens Center, 2102 Windsor Place, C, at 217-359-6500. RSVP and the Stevick Center are administered by Family Service of Champaign County.
- Ethel & Maud Luncheon. This month’s edition is set for Jan. 18 at the Cityview 4th floor of the Illinois Terminal Building. Catering by Dish Passionate Cuisine. Free parking in the west lot from 11 am to 1:30 pm Reservations are now closed. For information, contact Robbie Edwards at 217-953-2847 or 217-359-6500 or email [email protected].
- Rules of the Road. The Illinois Secretary of State’s Office will be holding a Rules of the Road Class from 11 am to 1 pm Feb. 1 at Helen Stevick Senior Center. Please call Debbie at 217-359-6500 to register. Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Illinois’ spring courses begin the week of Jan. 30. Current and retired university and local experts teach our in-person and online courses. OLLI is a member-centered lifelong learning institute designed for anyone 50 or older. Join with a half-year membership now. Membership cost is $90; scholarships are available. For further information about OLLI, please visit our website at olli.illinois.edu or contact us at 217-244-9141. Stay curious!
STEVICK CENTER ACTIVITIES
- Bridge: Noon to 3 pm Thursdays. Looking for players; call Debbie at 217-359-6500 to get more information.
- Euchre: Noon to 3 pm Fridays.
- Men’s group: 9 on Monday-Friday. Join us for a cup of coffee and great conversation.
- Bingo: 11 am to noon, second and fourth Tuesdays. Call 217-359-6500.
- Knit or crochet for those in need: 10 am to noon Mondays.
- Meditative Movement with Yoga: 9 to 10:15 am Tuesdays and Thursdays.
HOT LUNCH PROGRAM
The Peace Meal Nutrition Program provides daily hot lunches at 11:30 am for a small donation and a one-day advance reservation at sites in Champaign, Urbana, Rantoul, Sidney (home delivery only), Mahomet (home delivery only) and Homer.
For reservations, call 800-543-1770. Reservations for Monday must be made by noon Friday. NOTE: There is no change for home deliveries, but at congregate sites, you can get a carry-out meal.
- Monday: Spaghetti with meat sauce, Italian green beans, Venetian veggie blend, dried cranberries, whole-grain bread.
- Tuesday: Breakfast casserole, tri-pepper and mushroom medley, warm fruit compote, vegetable juice cup, whole-grain fruit bar.
- Wednesday: Taco salad with beans, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and taco sauce, pineapple chunks, taco chips.
- Thursday: Creamed chicken with onions and pimentos, tri-colored potatoes, seasoned spinach, overnight fruit salad, biscuit.
- Friday: Cheese ravioli, Scandinavian veggie blend, beets, melon salad, whole-grain bread.
If you want to volunteer, RSVP (funded by AmeriCorps Seniors and the Illinois Department on Aging) provides a unique link to local nonprofits needing help. We offer support, benefits and a safe connection to partner sites. Contact Vicky Welser at [email protected] or 217-359-6500.
Senior Volunteers. RSVP of Champaign, Douglas and Piatt counties/AmeriCorps Senior Volunteers is your link to over 100 nonprofit organizations. Please contact Vicki Welser at [email protected] or Robbie Edwards at [email protected] or call 217-359-6500.