Covering the Land of Lincoln

Two displaced, $30K in damages after fire on Rockford’s west side

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) – The Red Cross is helping two adults with housing after a kitchen fire caused an estimated $30,000 worth of damage to a Rockford home.

Just after 10:30 Friday, firefighters responded to a house fire in the 2400 block of Sharon Avenue in Rockford.

First responders say the fire started in the kitchen area of ​​a single-story residence. When they arrived on scene, crews were able to keep the fire contained from spreading throughout the house.

The fire was determined to be accidental in nature, and no injuries were reported during the incident.

The department tweeted around 11 on September 30 that the fire was under control.

Comments are closed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More